In this project, Dr. Lehmann will build a 3D human cell culture model that will emulate, “in a dish,” the very complex structure of the human brain. Using such a model will greatly increase the relevance of mechanistic and therapeutic studies to humans. This model will allow him to study prion propagation and subsequently develop high throughput drug screening experiments.
To learn more about Dr. Lehmann's previous CJD Foundation Research Grant, click here.
Dr. Lehmann is the recipient of:
- The Marcos Amongero Memorial Grant, contributed by Lauren Amongero and Family
- The Ricki/Rivka Angelus Memorial Grant, contributed by Debbie Callif
- The Al Tennant Memorial Grant, contributed by Marie Bauer
- The Davey L. Kock Memorial Grant, contributed by Janine Kock and Family
- The Eugene A. Riedel Memorial Grant, contributed by Jacqueline Riedel