Join us for CJD Advocacy Day in Washington DC on March 4-5, 2024.
Why visit Capitol Hill in March?
Maximize the impact of your story! Meeting with your legislative offices before the Appropriations bills are finalized means you have a chance to:
- Educate your legislator about how CJD impacts families in their district
- Share the CJD community’s legislative requests with them, including the importance of CJD surveillance and research funding
- Do this before the bills for the year’s spending are drafted
Your voice is crucial in raising awareness of CJD and what needs to be done to make a difference!
What do you need to do?
- Register with the CJD Foundation by clicking the Register button below.
- Deadline: Wednesday, February 14 at 12:00 pm ET
- Reserve your hotel room: Visit the Hilton Washington DC Capitol Hill’s website: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/dcadchh-hilton-washington-dc-capitol-hill/ or call1-800-HILTONS.
- Hotel reservations must be made directly with Hilton Washington DC Capitol Hill. There are no hotel rooms left in our block, but rooms may still be available. Please inquire with the hotel directly.
- Join us for an orientation session around 5 pm on Monday, March 4
- Participate in meetings on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, March 5
The CJD Foundation will:
- Schedule all meetings
- Provide you with handouts
- Provide training, information, and talking points for the meetings.
- Send an experienced advocate with you for your visits
This visit will have real impact in encouraging funding for prion disease research and surveillance, and we hope you will join us! To learn more about CJD Advocacy Day 2024, please call us at 800-659-1991 or email email@example.com.