|CJD Foundation Research Grant Recipient Updates
Watch Full Presentation
- Hermann Clemens Altmeppen, PhD, Institute of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Watch Presentation: "Enzymatic PrP shedding in humans: Biomarker potential and therapeutic target"
- Maria Letizia Barreca, PhD, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences (DPS), University of Perugia-Italy
Watch Presentation: "Blocking the Neurotoxic Activities of Mutant Prion Proteins by a Novel Class of Therapeutic Agents"
- Marcelo Barria, PhD & Alison Green, PhD, National CJD Research & Surveillance Unit, Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Watch Presentation: "Assessing the replication properties of prion protein aggregates found in archived formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded appendix tissue collected from the asymptomatic population by the highly sensitive in vitro prion amplification assay"
- Joaquín Castilla, PhD, Center for Cooperative Research in Biosciences (CIC bioGUNE), Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA), Derio, Spain
Watch Presentation: "Development and characterization of the fastest animal model able to propagate GSS prions faithfully"
- Leonardo Cortez, PhD & Valerie Sim, MD, FRCPC, Centre for Prions and Protein Folding Diseases, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Watch Presentation: "Prion protein aggregate size distribution drives clinical phenotype"
- Cathryn Haigh, PhD, Laboratory of Persistent Viral Diseases (LPVD), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Intramural Research, Rocky Mountain Laboratories, National Institutes of Health, Hamilton, MT
Watch Presentation: "Regional tropism of sporadic CJD subtypes in human brain organoids"
- Rodrigo Morales, PhD, Department of Neurology. The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Watch Presentation: "Development of a high throughput system for screening anti-prion molecules"
- Jaime Noguez, PhD, National Prion Disease Pathology Surveillance Center, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
Watch Presentation: "Improving the sensitivity of CSF RT-QuIC in humans by examining cases with indeterminate results"
- Shashirekha Shetty, PhD, National Prion Disease and Pathology Surveillance Center, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals, Cleveland, OH
Watch Presentation: "Examining copy number variants as a possible phenotype modifier in prion disease"
- Wenquan Zou, MD, PhD and Katsumi Doh-ura, MD PhD, Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Watch Presentation: "Assessing Prophylactic and Therapeutic Efficacy of a Cellulose Ether Compound TC-5RW on CJD"