Families and hospice professionals frequently have questions about CJD and other Prion Diseases. This one-hour video provides medical information from experts from the National Prion Disease Pathology Surveillance Center, the University of California at San Francisco, the State University of New York at Buffalo, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, the National CJD Surveillance Unit - Edinburgh, Scotland, the University of Edinburgh and the University of Pennsylvania.
The program includes interviews with CJD patients, family members and experts in the medical field; a discussion of the onset and progression of prion disease symptoms, criteria and tools for diagnosis, and facts about the ways prion diseases can (and can’t) be transmitted, as well as family coping techniques and valuable resources.
If you are a Hospice Professional who would like to learn more about this rare, invariably fatal brain disease, we can provide several options.
- Call the CJD Foundation 24-hour HelpLine at 1-800-659-1991, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here or on the PLAY button above to watch our 1-hour video on YouTube, "Confronting CJD And Other Prion Diseases."
- Visit our About CJD and FAQ pages on this website.
- Request a hospice binder from our office, which includes a free DVD copy of the video.
- Ask us to suggest experts in the hospice field who are available to speak with you on this topic.
Production of this program was supported by a grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.